Granny's Inn is a homely, family run hostel which is ideal for travellers who wish to have a comfortable and personable stay when visiting Malta. The Hostel is located in a village core in a peaceful street. It’s a five-minute walk from the beach in the wonderful Sliema promenade. It’s also walking distance from one of the top shopping destinations in Malta, while also being surrounded by great hot-spots, bars, and restaurants.
There are great transportation links to numerous sandy beaches and landmarks. The bus stops and ferries to multiple locations on the island, including Valletta are only a short distance away. Luqa airport is just 10.7km away.
It is very important that when booking your accommodation, you let us know your flight number and arrival time in order for us to better instruct you on how to check-in. When arriving after 14:30, we will need to advise you on a separate check-in process. This is because the main reception opening hours are between 08:30 – 14:30.
If you would like, we can organise a chauffeur to pick you up from the airport and take you directly to the hostel for an easier journey. Just let us know in advance so that we can arrange this for you.
Our lovely hostel is conveniently situated within walking distance to:
* Sliema Waterfront: Malta's top tourist area where one can find a nice promenade together with bars, restaurants and shopping malls.
* Paceville: Which is Malta's famous nightlife spot: for clubs and bars. You can also find shopping malls and restaurants here.
* Bus stations/Ferry port: We are within short walking distance to main bus routes. We are also close to the Sliema Ferry which goes to Valletta, as well as routes to Comino and Gozo.
* Beaches: A long stretch of the seafront where you can soak up the sun and refresh yourself in the cooling waters is only just down the road.
Reception is open 08:30 - 14:30 (We can be contacted for assistance the remaining time).
If you are needing a break from the heat or some time to relax, we have a great space on our third floor to do so! The room has a spacious sofa with a TV (Premium channels; Sports, Movies, Entertainment) which also connects onto the calm balcony, as well as access up onto the sunny rooftop.
At Granny’s Inn one can also find:
- High-speed WIFI.
- Access to our hostel computer connected to the internet.
- Lockers in all the dorms (please bring a padlock).
- Laundry service at an extra charge €5-10 (Service time 08:30 – 11:30).
- Towels can be included at a cost of €2 per person.
- Luggage storage up to a maximum of 24hrs.
- 2 terraces and rooftop where one can relax.
Granny's Inn can cater for guests staying in single, family or dorm rooms which are all non-smoking. The dorms are all furnished with bunk beds.
Each room consists of:
Beds (Bunk/single or double, depending on your room).
Electricity plugs next to each bed (UK style plugs – Type G).
Individual reading lights for each bed.
Wash basin/sink with a mirror.
Lockers (in the dorms).
Ceiling fans in all rooms.
The female only dorm and one of the single rooms are equipped with fans.
The remaining rooms, two mixed dorms, family room (with balcony) and one single room all have AC/Air Conditioning.
Guests are all given an entrance code for the main door and a key for the room.
Check out: 11:00.
Check-in: 13:00. You may arrive from 08:30 onwards.
Non-residents of the hostel are not allowed on the premises at all times for security purposes. There are CCTV cameras in all common areas.