We’re looking for a German speaking intern to join our Social Media & Content team. Check out all the infos! 👇
We are an incredibly fun, but hard working international Social Media & Content team based in Hostelworld’s London office, in Holborn. We manage Hostelworld’s social media channels (covering France, Italy, Germany, Brazil, UK, US, Australia and the Spanish speaking markets) and we produce compelling and engaging content for our website, emails, blogs and, of course, our social feeds.
We are on a mission to show the world what the modern hostel looks like, inspire 18-35 year olds to #MeetTheWorld and celebrate the unique experiences that staying in a hostel gives you. Our customers aren’t your average tourists: they’re an open-minded, spontaneous and energetic bunch who want to immerse themselves in unknown cultures, not just observe them. And it’s the other global travellers they meet along the way that make all of this possible.
We have a roof terrace, monthly drinks, yoga, free fruit, monthly food events and creative challenges! We have international teams spanning SEO, Acquisition, Brand, Design, HR and IT, so lunchtimes are super social with lots of communal cooking and eating!
Over the past two years, our marketing team have re-branded Hostelworld and launched innovative and daring content and brand campaigns with celebrities including Fifty Cent and also with brands like ASOS and Resident Advisor. In addition, we have built up an incredibly engaged social following and have big plans for the Hostelworld blog.
About your role
We are looking for a talented Social Media & Content Intern, to join our growing Marketing team for a period of 6 months. You will be helping look after our social media channels and the blog, whilst working closely with the Social Media & Content Executive for your market as well as other members of the Marketing team. The right person is a first-hand hosteller/traveller, who is enthusiastic about social media, writing and the latest travel trends.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A native German speaker
- Addicted to travel (backpacking and travel experience is an advantage)
- A fan of hostels, hostel life and Hostelworld!
- A graduate (or about to graduate) in Marketing, Journalism, Communication or something similar
- Experienced in building, managing and implementing own community on social media
- A strong writer and editor
- A fast learner and works in a structured way
- Creative, innovative and a team player who will fit into a lively, fun and supportive but hard working team
- An expert at identifying good content that will resonate with 18-35 year olds with an interest in travel
- Fun, social and up for a challenge
- Eligible to work in the UK legally
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation/execution/analysis of the data-led local market strategies that delivers against core global KPIs, working in partnership with SEO, Brand, Display, PR and CRM teams as well as ad-hoc market campaigns.
- Assist with community management and the execution of the Social Media strategy across all channels.
- Work closely with Social & Content and SEO teams to produce and curate exceptional blog content, making sure to reach the monthly targets.
- Do keyword research, assisting with optimization of relevant blog content, using SEO tools
- Curate and edit content from influencers, freelancers and our travellers’ community.
- Support other departments (where relevant) by promoting, seeding and sharing wider content or campaigns to fit the social platform and country.
- Ensure Hostelworld is always ahead of the curve on understanding all social media technological developments, product launches, insights and trends.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team sharing learnings and results, to enable the team to become a true centre of content and creative excellence within the business
- Create an ‘always on’ 24/7 presence which reflects Hostelworld ’s core brand values and tone of voice, ensuring we can act in real time across our social channels.
- Provide translations for global campaigns.
- Participate in analysing the quality of the site and the competitors
- Global brand
- International working environment
- Office in central London (close to street food markets and parks)
- Roof terrace with picnic benches and swing chairs
- Fruity Mondays
- Monthly food events (Free breakfast and lunch!)
- Monthly drinks
- Yoga every week
- Seasonal monthly events (BBQs/Ice skating)
Application Deadline – UPDATED
March 25, 2018
April 23, 2018
£ 7.83 per hour