Inhalt unseres Videos über BarcelonaDrucken
Our video for Barcelona has five extremely useful tips on how to save money there:
- 1. Soak up the atmosphere along Las Ramblas
- Easily the most famous street in Barcelona, Las Ramblas is always packed with people so there's always a great atmosphere. There's lots to see there, such as the various stalls and lots of street performers.
- 2. Relax in one of its parks
- Barcelona has two parks which are free to visit and are perfect for relaxing:
- Parc Guell: Gaudi's park north of the city centre is home to the famous lizard statue, the winding bench Banc de Trencadis and much more.
- Parc de la Ciutadella: Closer to the city centre, the showpiece here is the fountain known as Cascada.
- 3. Save money when buying tickets for the metro by buying a 'T-10'
- A single journey on Barcelona's metro costs €2 approximately. But as the city is quite big, meaning you'll use the metro on numerous occasions during your stay, instead of buying individual tickets invest in a 'T-10' which costs around €8 and will get you 10 journeys.
- 4. Enjoy cheap cava wine in 'Can Paixono'
- Located on Carrer de la Reina Cristina in the Barceloneta neighbourhood, Can Paixono is a tapas where that sells cheap rosa cava wine once you buy portions of tapas.
- 5. Enjoy some sunshine on the beach
- Barcelona's beach is just fifteen minutes walk from the city centre, so if the sun is shining when you're there grab your towel and catch some rays which costs absolutely nothing.
- And finally...
- Another great way to save money in Barcelona is by staying hostels, not hotels, such as Equity Point Centric which boasts an amazingly central location on Passeig de Gracia.